Amazon Australia's 'Prime Day' goes live as retailer swoops on online shopping boom
Amazon Australia's two-day "Prime Day" flash sale is now live as the online retailer looks to capitalise on the boom in online shopping.
Beginning early this morning, Amazon's Prime Day sale runs until 11.59pm tomorrow, October 14.
To access the limited-time deals, customers will need to sign up to Amazon's Prime program at a cost of $6.99 month – but a clever workaround could be to take advantage of the site's 30-day free trial.
Among the bargains on offer are 40-inch TCL televisions for $424, Nokia smartphones for $244, Kindle e-readers from $149 and Nike shoes from just $20.32.
A feature of this year's sale will be the spotlight on Australian small businesses to help struggling retailers shake off the downturn created by COVID-19, bushfires and droughts.
Amazon Australia's Country Manager Matt Furlong said he hopes the flash sale will introduce Australians to brands they otherwise would not have discovered.
"Prime Day is now live, bringing Australian Prime members great savings on a huge array of products," Mr Furlong said.
"We are excited to offer discounts on big name brands and proud to be putting small Aussie businesses front and centre through our 'Shop Local' store during one of our busiest shopping events and beyond."
• Save 36 per cent off RRP on select Bose Soundbar 700.
• Save 30 per cent off select Lenovo Laptops.
• Save 24 per cent off select Samsung Galaxy Note 20.
• Prime members can get a select Nintendo Switch Console (Neon Blue/Red) and a select Nintendo Minecraft Game for $409. The current Nintendo Switch Console price is $448 and the Minecraft Game is $34, therefore total saving is $74.
• PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB Console Black for $399 (sold by Amazon AU only). Save 28 per cent off RRP, limited stock available.
Baby, Beauty, Health & Personal Care
• Pay $40 for Huggies One-Month Supply and save an additional 15 per cent on scheduled deliveries through subscribe and save. Discount applied in prices displayed.
• Save up to 25 per cent on select Philips Avent. Discount applied in prices displayed.
The information provided on this website is general in nature only and does not constitute personal financial advice. The information has been prepared without taking into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on any information on this website you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs.