Bargo man charged with firearms and domestic violence offences
A Bargo man will face court today charged with 18 firearm and domestic violence-related offences after an incident near Camden earlier this week.
Camden Police Area Command officers began an investigation into domestic violence offences involving a 24-year-old woman on September 13, 2020.
Following inquiries, officers went to a house at Hambridge Road, Bargo at 2pm yesterday (Tuesday, October 14).
Police arrested a 23-year-old man and seized firearms which will undergo further examination.
The man was taken to Narellan Police Station where he was charged with 18 offences, including:
- Common assault (DV)
- Stalk intimidate (four counts)
- Possess unauthorised prohibited firearm (two counts)
- Possess unregistered firearm - pistol (two counts)
- Possess unauthorised pistol
- Possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit
- Possess ammunition without holding a licence or permit
- Possess more than three unregistered firearms without licence/permit
- Not keep firearm safely - prohibited firearm (three counts)
- Not keep firearm safely - pistol (two counts)
The man was refused bail to appear in Campbelltown Local Court today (Thursday, October 15 2020).