Zoos are live streaming animals so kids can watch them play
If the kids are climbing the walls already, are bored or just want to see something interesting then they will love watching wild animals live.
Zoos across the country and the world are streaming video and pictures of their residents which include tigers, giraffes, elephants and pandas - and your kids will be able to watch them live.
Although lots of zoos already offered live-action cameras for people to watch, lots of others have joined in too, providing digital access to these fascinating creatures after the attractions were shut down due to the coronavirus outbreak, reports the MEN.
Edinburgh Zoo has a variety of webcams set up for virtual visitors to watch Yang Guang the panda, as well as penguins, tigers and koalas.
At Marwell Zoo in Hampshire, there's a video webcam of the flamingos and photo webcams of the lemurs, giraffes and penguins - with images updating every 30 seconds or so.
And at Dublin Zoo, its cameras capture the movements of the elephants, penguins, giraffes, zebras and rhinos.
Although Chester Zoo doesn't have any live cameras on its website, it has more than 50 activities you can access online - on all things animals, science and conservation.Read More Related Articles Read More Related Articles
And the attraction, which has just released the first images of its rare twin baby lemurs born to parents Fiona and Dog, has more fun planned later this week.
The zoo is planning to do a 'virtual zoo day' live on its Facebook page, broadcasting animal action from various habitats around the zoo at different points in the day. Keep an eye out on its Facebook page for more details.
It's not just zoos where we can capture animals either. The Wildlife Trust in Cumbria has a badger cam live streaming the animals from Ambleside. Dusk is the best time to watch so it depends how late your children are up.Read More Related Articles Read More Related Articles
And at Folly Farm in Pembrokeshire, you can watch the goats, sheep and newborn lambs on its barn webcam here.
But let's not forget the other zoos too - both in the UK and overseas - where, if you get the time difference right, you might see even more animal action.
These are the other places offering you a virtual visit:
- Living Coasts, Wild Planet Trust, UK - penguins
- Paignton Zoo, Wild Planet Trust, UK - meerkat amd Sulawesi crested macaques
- Atlanta Zoo, USA - pandas
- Monterey Bay Aquarium, USA - sea otters, sharks, penguins and more
- Reid Park Zoo, USA - elepants, lions, bears, giraffes, lemurs
- San Diego Zoo, USA - elephants, tigers, koalas, polar bears, apes, baboons, pandas, penguins and more
- Houston Zoo, USA - elephants, chimps, gorillas, giraffes, rhinos
- Smithsonian's National Zoo, USA - giant panda, elephants, lions, naked mole rats
- Chattanooga Zoo, USA - meerkats, tamarin and spotted genets, snow leopard
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium, USA - turtles, dolphins, pelicans and otters
- Kansas City Zoo, USA - polar bear, giraffes, penguins, king penguin